– Strength: Today we are building to a max in the Close Grip Bench Press followed by a drop set. Have a plan and make small jumps in weight to beat your previous max by 5#s. Once you’ve rested you’ll complete a drop set at 75% of 1RM for max reps.
– Metcon: Today is intended to be a sprint, 95-100% effort. You’ll likely be able to go faster on this one then you think. If you’re using chin-ups for rope climb scaling these sets should be able to be completed fast/UB.
1) Close Grip Bench Press: 1RM + Drop Set. Rest 2:00
After a 1RM is completed athletes will take 75% of that number and perform 1 set x max reps
2) Metcon Prep: Warm-up Rope Climbs/Set-up Scaling.
“2014 Regionals Workout”
10 Rounds for time:
1 Rope Climb
200 Ft. Sprint
Rx+: (Legless Rope Climbs)
L3: (8 Rounds)
L2: (5 Band Assisted Chin-ups per round)
L1: (5 Ring Rows per round)
DB Shrugs: 4 x 15. Rest 60s.
– Hold peak contraction for 1 count.