NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
– Strength: Today we have a push-pull superset for our strength work of Strict Handstand Push-ups and Legless Rope Climbs.
– Conditioning: Our conditioning piece today is a gnarly barbell complex called the “Curtis P” consisting of a Hang Squat Clean, Two Front Rack Lunges and a Push Press. Push yourself on the complex weight, try and hold on for all twenty reps, and recover on the run.
1a) Strict Handstand Push-ups: Reps of 20-15-10-5. Rest 45s.
– Kipping Handstand Push-ups
– Negative Handstand Push-ups: Reps 8-6-4-2
– DB Push Press
1b) Legless Rope Climbs: Reps 4-3-2-1. Rest 45s.
– Rope Climb Sit to Stand: Reps 8-6-4-2
– Ring Rows: Reps 24-20-16-12
– Goals for 1a/1b – whatever scaling option is chosen all sets should be tough.
5 Curtis P’s (115, 75…or DBs???)
400 Meter Run
– Goal: Lower effort – 70% as the Curtis P’s will gas you if you’re not smart.
Rx+: (AMRAP 20)
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (75, 55)
L1: (65, 45)
AT HOME WOD
Tabata – Alternating:
1a) Reverse Lunges (alternating legs in place), 4x :20, rest :10
1b) SDHP (any object will work), 4x :20, rest :10
Rest :60 before moving to #2
2a) Flutter Kicks, 4x :20, rest :10
2b) Elbow Plank, 4x :20, rest :10
Rest:60 before moving to #3
3a) Plyo Push-ups, 4x :20, rest :10
3b) Banded Pull-apart with an underhand grip, 4x :20, rest :10
Barbell Rows – Accumulate 50 Reps with a pronated grip + 50 reps with a supinated grip. Use the same weight you used in the WOD.
COOLDOWN (AFTER CLASS)
Biphasic Lat Stretch x 60s each side.