– Strength: Today’s strength is barbell glute bridges to train your buns. For most of you, this is a relatively new movement but a great way to train your glutes. All 5 sets should be challenging and done with ONE weight. You’ll see this movement again in 2 weeks.
– Metcon: Today’s workout is meant to be done at 90% effort. Shoot for big sets, but try to stay with sets that will allow for consistency. The loading should be light for you; a weight you can perform 5-7 reps per set with relative ease.
1) Barbell Glute Bridge: 5 x 5. Rest 90s.
– Take 3 sets to build to work weight
– Perform all 5 sets with one weight (the “work weight” that was established after 3 ramp-up sets.)
– Hold the top of each rep for a 1 count
2) Metcon Prep: Power Clean + Thruster: 3 x 2 + 2, building above desired Metcon weight. Rest 60s.
40 Power Cleans (115, 75)
30 Thrusters (115, 75)
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (75, 55)
L1: (75, 55 25 Reps of each)
9:00 Time Cap
Banded Pallof Press (heavy band): 4 x 8 ea. Rest 60s.