NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
– Strength: Today we are building to a 1RM Clean + Jerk. This can be done any style meaning a power clean + push jerk or squat clean + split jerk – whichever you’re most comfortable with.
– Conditioning: Our conditioning piece is a tough barbell complex hero workout – DT. This one is a total grip smoker so having a strategy of when you’ll rest is key. Loading should allow for big sets.
BP Lower Warm-up Consists of:
With a barbell + foam roller + heavy band
2 Rounds of:
6 Romanian Deadlifts
6 Front Squats
6 Front Rack Reverse Lunges
X-Band Walk x 10 Steps each direction
Adductor Rock-back Stretch x 10 reps each side
5 Rollover + Split Stretch
10 Lateral Squats
10 Bird Dogs with a 3 count glute contraction on each rep (10 total reps)
Review + Warm-up: Clean + Jerk
Clean & Jerk: Build to a 1RM in 10 sets. Rest 2:00
– Any style permitted IE Power Clean, Push Jerk, etc.
– sets of 3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1…
– Goal: strategically build to a new 1RM hitting a 5# PR.
– Beginner: Technique work performing 8 x 2 OR Back Squat 5 x 5.
Rx+: (Heavy DT – 185/125)
L3: (135, 95)
L2: (115, 75)
L1: (95, 65)
AT HOME WOD
10 Air Squats
10 Sit-ups (abmat preferable)
10 Jump Lunges (total)
– Goal: Keep track of all splits – we want to keep your splits within 30s of each other so finding a “sustainable” 80% pace is the goal.
50 KB Curls (any object will work)
Single Arm Farmer Carry: AMRAP 5 – 90ft – moderate weight.
– improve upon last week by completing one additional round.
COOLDOWN (AFTER CLASS)
Active Straight Leg Raises x 20 reps each side.