– Strength: Build to a max Squat Clean Thruster (Cluster) in 9 sets. This will prepare you for the Metcon which also has Squat Clean Thrusters with a light load.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout that’s been done a few times in the past. Start off with a slightly uncomfortable 400m Run and then going for broke on your bear complex 90-95% effort. Look to complete 15+ reps.
SQUAT CLEAN THRUSTER
Build to a 1RM in 9 sets. Rest 2:00
– 9 Singles to Build to a Max
– Beginner: 6 x 2-3, adding weight if form permits. OR Thrusters from the rack. Rest 2:00
Against a 7:00 Clock
400 Meter Run
Remaining time: Max Bear Complex (135, 95)
*Score = total reps.
– Goal: Tough effort on the run, pain cave effort on the Bear Complex. 15-25 reps
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (25, 15 DB Manmakers)
Full Tabata: 4 sets on each side