NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
Today is a “strength only” day where is focused on dialing technique with the power clean and building to a heavy single, getting in strength work with the 1 1/4 front squat, and then assistance exercises with the DB RDL and DB Walking lunges. Don’t make the mistake of thinking this will be an “easy day” – it won’t! The DB RDLs should be heavy and can also be done with KBs if needed. The lunges should be a challenging weight but done in sets of 10-20 at a time.
1) Power Clean: Build to a heavy 1 in 10 sets, done as an EMOM.
Rx+: Touch-n-Go heavy double
– Goal: build to 85-90% of current 1RM in known
2) 1 1/4 Front Squat: Build to a heavy 3 in 6 sets. Rest 2:00
Rx+: use chains
– Goal: Build to 80% of 1RM Front Squat
3) DB RDLs: 4 x 10. Rest 60s.
Rx+: Glute Ham Raises
4) Walking DB Lunges: Max Steps in 8:00
* every time you stop complete 30s Elbow Plank Hold
– Goal: Complete 50+ reps
Rx+:(Double KB Walking OH Lunges 53/35)
Foam Roll – Quads x 60s each
Parasympathetic Breathing x 15 breaths – 3 second exhale + 1 second hold at top + 3 second exhale + 1 second hold at bottom