NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
– Strength: Box Squats are on the menu today with a slightly wider than normal stance. Bar speed is king so pick a weight you can be explosive with.
– Conditioning: Our conditioning piece today is a sprint style workout and is intended to be hard and fast with just enough time to recover between rounds.
1) Oscillatory foam roll adductors x 60s each
2) Rock back adductor stretch x 60s each side
3) Bird Dogs: 3 x 5 ea.
4) Banded Glute Bridge: 4 x 5 – hold top of each rep for a 2 count
5) Warm-up the main movement of the day – Box Squat performing 5 perfect reps for 3-4 sets.
*In between sets perform 3 Seated Dynamic Vertical Jumps
Box Squat: 6 x 4 @60% of Back Squat, every 60-90s.
– use a parallel box
– use a wider than normal stance
– Take 3-4 sets to build to work weight
– These are SPEED/Technique sets – weight should be heavy enough to feel but light enough to move perfectly with.
– Goal: 6 work sets that look pristine and where weights are moving fast. Make sure NOT to sit back TOO far on the box.
Rx+: (5 Rounds) (88, 70 if possible) (Landmine Thrusters)
L3: (53, 35) (45, 30)
L2: (45, 30) (40, 25)
L1: (35, 25) (35, 20)
AT HOME WOD
Finisher: Tabata – Single Leg Glute Bridges
COOLDOWN (AFTER CLASS)
Parasympathetic Breathing x 10-15 breaths of 3 seconds inhale + 1-second hold at top + 3 seconds exhale + 1-second hold at the bottom.